Search This Blog

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Korean BBQ - All you can eat


 
One of my favorite places for an all-you-can-eat Korean BBQ is located in Garden Grove, California – Shik Do Rak, house of Duk Bo Sam.  I love all their little side dishes, but what keeps me coming back to this particular Korean BBQ restaurant versus the ever so many Korean BBQ restaurants in Orange County California is because of their brisket meat and their hot sauce.  Sure there are many Korean BBQ restaurants out there and some even much more trendy and fancy, but the meat and the hot sauce is the key to such a foodie as myself.

 
The Experience

They have 4 different options for their all-you-can-eat, I usually select the second to the most expensive option.  My main focus is to ensure I get the brisket and the marinated short ribs.  You order as much as you like and they will bring it to you, this includes unlimited refills of all the little side dishes.  At the end of your meal you will also get a small cup of Asian Frozen Yogurt in either plain or blueberry flavor


 
The Process

This is how I was taught to eat at the Duk Bo Sam house, it may not be the correct way, but it works for me.  I basically create little Korean tacos.  Here are the exact layers I create the tacos from bottom (#1) to the top (#6).
 
1.   Circle pickled green radish
2.   Rice paper
3.   Hot sauce, soy bean paste & oil (if you like)
4.   Salad
5.   Meat
6.   Pickled hot daikon

 



 

 TIP:  They will charge you for any leftover meat you do not eat, so be sure to only order enough for you to not have leftovers.  To get the yogurt, you must walk up the counter after paying to request for it. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment